I just ordered First They Killed My Father and Lucky Child by Loung Ung. I’m really excited for them to get here so that I can start reading. I feel like I’m in a terrible rut and I need something to give me a new perspective on my life. I’ve got it pretty good, I know. It’s just so easy to lose sight of that sometimes. It isn’t even time for New Year’s resolutions, but I think it’s really just time to grab ahold of life and get everything I can out of it. I feel really motivated tonight and I just needed to channel that out somewhere tonight. =]
Here are 5 things that I am thankful for tonight:
1. I have an incredible job to provide the things I need and a lot of the superfluous things that I want.
2. I’m smart. You can’t buy that, folks.
3. I have half of a delicious casserole in my fridge to be lunch for the rest of the week.
4. I am 3lbs away from my -40lb mark. If I get there, I get there. If I don’t, I’m still pretty good looking, and I’ll be happy anyway.
5. I’m going back to Dublin in March for the entire week of Saint Patricks. I am soooooo stoked.